Holiday treats are not complete without warm spices! Our Bulk Herb & Spice Department has all the essential spices you need to get into the Holiday Spirit! Sugar and spice and everything nice!
A festive blend of spices, nuts, and seeds sure to delight all this holiday season!
- 1/4 cup Whole Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Coriander Seed
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2/3 cup shelled pecans
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh chestnuts
1. Toast nuts and seeds in a dry sauté pan; set aside.
2. Mix all spice mix ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Bring water, butter and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Pour over nuts and seeds, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until almost all liquid has evaporated. Transfer nuts and seeds to the spice mixture bowl and toss to coat.
4. Spread on parchment paper to cool.
Visions of Sugarplums Toddy
This deliciously rich toddy adds a festive air to any gathering! Add a dash of rum if you're feeling fancy.
- 1/8 teaspoon Cardamom Seed Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Korintje Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 cups milk, divided in half (dairy, rice, or soy)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
Warm 2 cups of the milk, honey, cardamom, and baking chocolate in a saucepan until chocolate is melted. Add remaining milk and heat until warm. Stir in vanilla. Pour into cups, sprinkle with nutmeg, and add cinnamon stick stirrers.