Great grilling begins with great seasonings! Stop by our Herb & Spice department and try out some of our favorite blends to bring a ton of zip and flavor to your grilled meat and veggies.
There’s nothing quite like enjoying a summertime meal that’s been cooked on the grill – and with a sprinkle of these seasonings, it couldn’t be any easier!
Here’s a few of our staff favorites along with great recipe ideas:
• 2 Cups Ketchup
• ¾ Cup Water
• ½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
• 5 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
• ¼ Cup Honey
• 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
• 2-3 Tablespoons BBQ Spice Blend
• ¼ Teaspoon Chili Flakes (Optional)
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes up to an hour, stirring frequently.
• 14 oz package of Extra Firm Tofu, sliced into thick pieces
• 1 Zucchini, slice into big chunks
• 1 Onion, cut into big chunks
• 10 Large Mushrooms
• 1 Bell Pepper, cut into big chunks
• 1-2 Cups MaMa’s BBQ Sauce (recipe on reverse side)Coconut Oil Or Peanut Oil
• Bamboo Skewers
To drain tofu: place sliced tofu on a paper towel lined sheet pan, cover with more paper towels, and place another sheet pan on top. Drain for 15-30 minutes. Cube drained tofu. Place tofu, vegetables, and half of MaMa’s BBQ Sauce in a bowl. Marinate for 15 minutes up to 1 hour.
Meanwhile soak the Bamboo Skewers in water so they do not burn when you grill them. Lightly oil grill and preheat to medium-high. Arrange tofu and vegetables on skewers. Grill on each side until vegetables are done and tofu is crispy. Add the rest of MaMa’s BBQ Sauce as the kabobs are grilling.
• ½ Cup Mayonnaise
• 2-3 Tablespoons Mesquite Seasoning Blend
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
Whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use. Great to dip veggies in or for burgers.
• 4 Portabello Mushrooms, stems removed and gills scraped out with a spoon
• ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 3 Teaspoons Mesquite Seasoning
• Mesquite Aioli (Recipe on reverse side)
• 4 Slices Provolone or Cheese of Choice (optional)
• Toppings such as avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc
• Your favorite Bun
Combine vinegar, oil, and Mesquite Seasoning. Place mushrooms, smooth side up, in a bowl and pour marinade over mushrooms. Marinate for 15 minutes. Lightly oil grill and preheat to medium-high heat. Reserve marinade. Grill mushrooms for 5-8 minutes per side, brushing with marinade throughout. Place cheese slices on mushrooms 2 minutes before done. Assemble the Mesquite Portobello Mushroom Burgers with your favorite toppings. Don’t forget the Mesquite Aioli
Thai Ginger Salt Thai Ginger Sea Salt is an all-natural...Read more...
One of the many things that makes MaMa Jean’s...Read more...